If you haven't worked with an interior designer before, the process can be a bit of a mystery. So today we're giving you a look into how our design process works, which you'll find is fairly similar to many others in the industry. We hope this helps you decide for yourself if a designer is something you need for your next project.
- Initial Meeting - This meeting includes a walk-through of the project, as well as a discussion about how you want to use the new space. We'll get an understanding of the layout, any spatial quirks and the overall feel of the house. We'll cover things like designs you love or hate, any ideas you have, and suggestions we might offer as we talk. We'll encourage you to throw everything at us - this is the time to throw
- Conceptual Design - After that meeting, we take all the ideas, thoughts and realities of the space, and turn that into an overall concept for the entire project. This is a higher-level idea of the design and feel of the whole project.
- Material & Furnishing Selection - Once the concept is approved, the real fun begins. We get to finalize all the materials, finishes and furnishings for the project, and lay them out for what is typically our clients' favorite meeting. Clients get to come in touch and see samples, see how it will look in design boards and feel like they really know what their rooms will look like.
- Project Oversight - With the selections in place, we begin placing all the orders and arranging for the various details necessary to complete the project. We'll work with the contractor and other third-party vendors to oversee the installation of items like tile, cabinets, countertops, lighting and more.
- Installation - As construction winds down, we're busy preparing to install all the soft goods, from furniture to curtains to bedding. The reveal is such an important part of the project for us and the client, so we like to have everything set up to give you the greatest impact possible. The reaction when a client walks in is easily the best part of the entire project for us! (insert heart swell!)